Grand Master Chung began Tae Kwon Do training in Korea at the age of 7. After moving to the U.S. at the age of 13, he continued his training and currently holds the rank of Eighth Degree Black Belt. Grand Master Chung received his Seventh Degree directly from the Vice President of Chung Do Kwan, Grand Master Hae Man Park in Seoul, Korea during the summer of 2004.
During the past 47 years, Grand Master Chung has garnered an extremely extensive Tae Kwon Do resume. He has taught Tae Kwon Do to thousands of students at hundreds of venues including summer camps, after school programs, health clubs and, of course, his own studio. He is warm and wonderful while teaching children as young as 3 and polished and professional with his adult students. Grand Master Chung is a well-regarded coach and referee with the USA Tae Kwon Do (formerly the USTU), and has trained many of his black belts to compete at the national level.
He and wife Susan began developing the Bruce Chung Adult Fitness program in 1995. Today, the program is one of the hottest in Westchester.
• 47 years training, 38 years teaching experience
• Former highly ranked east coast competitor in
forms and free sparring
• Written about in New York Magazine & Covered on Good Day New York
• Extensive teaching experience includes Tae Kwon Do Director for the following programs: Rye High School Self Defense Course, Harrison Public Schools, Midland School, Resurrection School, Beach Point Day Camp, Tamarack Day Camp, Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht and Winged Foot Golf Club.
• Coach, AAU Tae Kwon Do National and Junior Olympic Games, Head Judge and
Referee - All American Open Tae Kwon Do Championship, Eagle Classic Championship, Grand Prix Tae Kwon Do Championships, Pittsburgh Tae Kwon Do Championship, Bruce Chung Tae Kwon Do Junior Championship.
• Opened Bruce Chung's Tae Kwon Do in 1993
• Developed Bruce Chung’s Adult Fitness Program in 1995.
250 Halstead Ave.
Harrison, NY 10528
Founded, owned and operated by Grandmaster Bruce Chung
and Master Susan Chung since 1993.
GRANDMASTER BRUCE IL CHUNG - 8th DAN BLACK BELT
To help our students realize their maximum potential by teaching well-balanced programs designed to develop coordination, self-discipline, self-defense, confidence and physical fitness in a non-threatening, positive environment.